Gold Care and Clean
How to take care of your gold?
• Gold should not be exposed to cleaning fluids or soaps or harsh chemicals as it contains chlorine and it can damage the metal severely.
• It is advisable to store gold jewelry wrapped in a soft cloth or cotton or plastic zip bags for safety.
• For long time, pearls or gemstones should not be exposed to sunlight as the color might fade.
• Any sort of household chores like gardening, house cleaning, washing clothes or utensils are not recommended with jewelry on.
• Chlorinated water can react with gold so, gold jewelry must be kept away while swimming or spas or any grooming sessions.
• Gold jewelry should be avoided from any kind of cosmetics like lotion, hair spray or perfume as it can damage the color of the gold.
How to clean your gold?
• Always a soft cotton cloth or a toothbrush is to be used with lukewarm water while cleaning gold.
• It is not at all advised to clean or wash any damaged or broken gold jewelry as it may worsen its condition.
• Gold can be spotlessly cleaned with the use of toothpaste or ammonia-water solution or any commercial cleanser.
• Harsh cleansers like bleach or polishing liquids will damage the gold and is not at all advisable.